| SAPCA - Caring For You
Welcome to the South Australian Professional Counselling Association Inc website!!
The South Australian Professional Counselling Association holds regular meetings which all members are welcome to attend. Come along and contribute to SAPCA. The Board is always looking for input from members for ways in which we can meet the needs of our members.
Venue: These meetings are held at AIPC Office 616 South Road Glandore SA 5037
Time: Starting at 5-45pm until approximately 7-00pm
The next SAPCA Committee meetings are scheduled for Tuesday 18.6.2013 and Tuesday 16.7.2013 the latter which will be followed by a SAPCA website mtg.
ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND.
To be at the forefront of our industry, actively providing support, education, ongoing professional development and information to practitioners in South Australia.
We are dedicated:
What Is Counselling
- To the growth and development of the counselling profession
- To represent and benefit SAPCA members, and members of the public.
- Offer access to professional standards in counselling education.
- To support and work in affiliation with the ACA providing members ongoing and current information.
- To liaise with Government for the benefit of SAPCA/ACA members and the public.
- To offer a unified voice for the counselling industry in South Australia.
- To assist practicing Counsellors to provide a professional service, through our Code of Conduct, Ethics and set of Practitioner Standards.
- To support and promote the professional development and growth of practicing counsellors.
The aim of counselling is to provide the opportunity for a client to work towards living their life in a way that provides them with a more satisfying experience.
Clients are encouraged to be proactive within their counselling process, to be a part of it.
The idea behind counselling is that the client discusses their feelings with the counsellor, who listens with empathy and undestanding, working towards a direction where the client is able set and reach his/her goals.